Today, we’re going to learn how to make our own solid perfume, and I promise you (PROMISE YOU) that if you choose to do this, no one in the world will smell just like you :). Perfume makes a wonderful gift, and this solid version is great to keep in the handbag or on a desk.
What you need:
- 20% White Beeswax
- 30% Shea butter or Cocoa Butter (or a combination of the two – both refined and deodorized)
- 39% liquid oils (Fractionated Coconut Oil works well)
- 10% Fragrance oil or Essential Oil blend of your choice
- 1% Vitamin E
Note: If you use only shea butter, your solid perfume will be best suited to a pot as it will be soft. To make this solid enough for a lip balm tube, use 15% cocoa butter or all cocoa butter.
1. Place all ingredients APART FROM FRAGRANCE OIL & VITAMIN E in a double boiler and melt until liquid.
2. Remove from the heat and once it has cooled to 45 degrees C, add the fragrance oil and vitamin E.
3. Pour into a clean container and let set.
Ingredients available on Jumia.